Highly creative and dedicated Director of Photography /videographer/ Multimedia Specialist with a strong track record of creating dynamic and substantive video that captures audience attention. Adept at handling a high volume of simultaneous tasks with ease and accuracy. Able to maintain cordial and professional relationships with featured characters, crew, directors, and clients.
· Excellent skills in translating original ideas into video production
· Excels at developing and executing great storytelling
· Works well within a team of creative production members
· Extensive experience with ENG cameras, Canon C300, F5/55 Canon 5D Markiii
· Ability to edit and FTP video in the field.
· Credentialed for White House, Capital Hill access
· Able to work on his own and deliver great content.
· Successfully executed shoots with clients/military in locations both domestic and international
Z Force Productions: Principal, July 2000 to Present
· Camera Package, Lighting, Editor: Works with Sony XD and Panasonic P2 ENG cameras, Canon C300, Sony F5/55. Canon 5D Mark iii. Owns multiple indoor light fixtures, outdoor HMI lighting and audio gear including Lavs , stick mics and booms. Live capable. Has bonded cellular transmission capability. Can transmit live via LiveU to any LiveU client or to a fiber hub where you can pull in a live signal. Able to get Satellite trucks as well. Capable of editing video in the field and transferring video via FTP.
· Storytelling: Excels in environment where tasked with developing and executing great story development. Understands how to identify and convey message with great storytelling.
· Network News clients: Fox News, NBC, APTV, BBC, Al Jazerra America, Weather Channel, Fox Business, CNBC, EWTN, German, British. Israeli broadcasters. Shot pool events for all of the networks at the White House, Capital Hill, Pentagon and Special events such as dedication of national monuments, Campaign speeches and Presidential address to the nation
· Magazine Shows: Dr. Phil Show, Oprah, Yahoo News, Ellen DeGeneres Show, Fox News Sunday, Dateline, Multiple specials aired on Network News Channels
· Network Sports: NFL Network, CBS NFL Game of the week, ESPN, YES Network, MLB Network, Fox Sports1, Washington Kastles Professional Tennis, ACC TV, 120 Sports
· Corporate, Not for Profit Public Relations firms: Get Well Network, Allergipet, Allergipal, Rubbermaid, United Methodist Communications, Lockheed Martin, Judicial Watch, USO, IMF, Gerald R. Ford Foundation, Radio Shack, Frank Luntz Associates, Comcast Communications, Health and Safety Institute, Hanley Wood
· Fox News Channel: Embed Co-Written, Director of Photography and voiced, May 2004.
· PBS one hour show: Warriors. Director of Photography, April 2007.
· 3 Penny Films: Strong and True series for Notre Dame Football Program 2013
Embedded Journalist for War in Iraq / Operation Iraqi Freedom 2003-2010
· Fox News Imbedded journalist with the United States Marine Corps. Responsible for editorial content, videography and transmission. Teamed with reporter for 9 weeks of story production and live reporting. Returned to Iraq 10 additional times and Afghanistan 3 times for assignments ranging from Pool Duty for Network News to additional Embeds.
· Additional Military Experience: Spent 4 Days aboard USS Enterprise Aircraft Carrier in Gulf of Oman (2012). Documented USMC Executive Forum in Washington, DC (2013). Travel to Haiti for coverage of Earthquake relief (2010). F35 Flight demo NAS Patuxant River (2011). Interview with Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Gen. Martin Dempsey (2015). Covered correspondent's ride with Air Force Thunderbirds (2010). Shot piece for Fox News with The Old Guard at Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (2011)
Salt Lake City Winter Olympic Games 2002
· Producer of highlight packages from several venues for the Host Broadcaster. Distributed to rights holders in over 120 countries.
Fox News Channel: Photographer/Editor, Los Angeles Bureau July 1997 to July 2000
· Production level lighting, feature style shooting, travel to top breaking news and feature stories. Editing and general “one man band” responsibilities. Events include Oscars, Grammys, Columbine HS Shooting
Washington, D.C. Bureau October 1996 to July 1997
· Daily coverage of Capitol and Cabinet level agencies. Production level lighting for all interviews and live shots. Technical knowledge to execute various remote broadcasts from Washington or from breaking news locations domestic and international. White House Pool duties required intimate camera work with President, Heads of State and other Diplomats during Photo-ops, nationally televised press conferences and other presidential events.
1996 Atlanta Olympic Games, Atlanta Olympic Broadcaster (AOL)
· Shooting of various events including swimming, diving, basketball, beach volleyball, equestrian events, archery, boxing, gymnastics, tennis and documentary on the making of the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Broadcasting. All for international distribution to over 115 countries.
Conus Communications, Washington D.C. July1994-October1996
· Coverage of news events and major breaking news stories nationwide. Travel with White House press corps covering presidential events and press conferences.
· Editor for Conus daily feeds distributed to 120 affiliates. Included reporter packages, feature pieces and event B-Roll.
· Various sporting events including sideline camera for Redskin Football and Wizard Basketball games.
National Empowerment Television, Washington, D.C. October 1993-June 1994
· Chief photographer for all live studios broadcasts. Field produced, shot and edited reporter packages and feature length documentaries as well as writing, shooting and editing promotional spots for daily shows.
Potomac Television, Washington, D.C. March 1993-October 1993
· Intern/Freelance Photographer/Editor , Sound Tech, Editor. Grip.
Reuters News Service, May 1991
· Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Shot stills for international wire.
Ball State University 1988-1991
Muncie, Indiana / Full Athletic Scholarship
B.S. Journalism, Major in Photojournalism, May 1991
University of Wyoming 1986-1988
Laramie, Wyoming / Full Athletic Scholarship